Bio Poem Must Have- Freebie Till August!!!

 
I hope you LOVE< LOVE< LOVE this FREEBIE and I HOPE you FOLLOW< FOLLOW< FOLLOW ME!

Well, I don't have a linky to post this ... yet.  Until then, only my amazing followers will have the chance to snatch this freebie up! 

 photo c823e5c9-f7db-47fc-8555-123a065ce95b.jpg

I love doing bio poems each year.  They are so much fun and easy once they get the formula down.  But, don't let that word formula think it's not creative writing.  They have to think of plenty of adjectives, places, spaces, infer character wishes and desires before writing a bio poem.

Here's what the unit includes and I'll make it a freebie until August. 

(I have to say honestly, I thought I would always post free stuff on my blog, however, North Carolina is not a fan of Public School Teachers and it continues to get worse each year.  Now they are discussing taking master pay off FOREVER!  Of course if you have it you will be grandfathered in.  Me- well...
I decided to take a load of Environmental Education Courses (no pay raise)
and.... wait for it....

Yes, worked on my National Boards for three years (maximum time allowed before starting over)
And I will tell the world, came within 5... FIVE POINTs of pass, which is all you need for a 12% pay raise.  Hind sight is 20/20, I should have worked on my masters first... oh well.  But I have let all that go... I love what I do and have a blast doing it.  I can't understand why our state cannot invest more in children.  The result is seeing amazing teachers leave the classroom for higher paying jobs or leave the profession altogether.  Frown face :( I have confidence things will turn around for NC! I just hope it doesn't come at a greater cost of seeing it hit rock bottom first.  )  I say all that, to say this.  I try to sell my stuff super cheap so teachers can have what they want.  I know personally, as much as I love those $20 packets, I can't afford to buy them all the time.  Yes, this is my late night ramblings.

I'm sorry you had to read all that..... BACK TO THE FREEBIE!!!!



Here is an all inclusive unit for creating those amazing bio poems.  It includes lesson cards where you can guide your students through a lesson on the prefix bio and other prefixes and suffixes. 
Also includes three different form styles you can choose from. 
A sheet to guide your students through making a bio poem
Activities for how to incorporate bio poems in reading, writing, or social studies stations.
And YES a rubric for those difficult writing grades, it also helps students see what they are accountable for.
15 Great pages to use with your class
Four form choices
Lesson cards
Activity Cards
Examples from the NOVEL: Number the Stars (a protagonist and antagonist perspective)
I hope you enjoy and if you need any forms created to go with this set, please let me know and I will create them and add them to the bundle for YOU! 


Here's the link again: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Bio-Poem-Unit-Must-have-for-reading-and-writing-745669















I really hope you love this as much as I love teaching this unit.  Students can also use it all year with book projects or history figures. 
Nighty Night!
~ Tara

2 comments:

More than Math by Mo said...

Thanks for this wonderful freebie!

Tara said...

You are welcome! I love Bio poems and they can go with anything!