Sea Turtle Book Reviews

This is one of my favorite units to teach with the kids at the beginning of the year.  The hardest part is fitting all I want to do in one or two weeks.  I enjoy using reading stations/workshop, where I get to meet with most of the kids daily.  I also am a big fan of integration, therefore, tying the science curriculum with reading.  What kid doesn't like science, do you see the big hook you have?

Turtle Brochure is designed to read and compare a sea turtle magazine article by Cousteau for kids.  You can easily adapt this to any other nonfiction sea turtle article.

Sea Turtle Book Review compares a variety of genres on the topic of Sea Turtles for the kids to partner read and review the information presented.

I usually teach this in conjunction with Turtle Bay in our basal reader.

No comments: